Friday, February 12, 2016

A Friday Finish (2/12/16)


I have been stitching up some tote bags this week! It's been a blast playing with some pink, in honor of Valentine's day this weekend.

I made my lined foldaway tote bag (a pattern/tutorial is in the works) with some pink decor weight fabric from my stash.
So pretty! Loving the pink. 
I made a fun little patchwork pocket out of a lonely charm square from Anna Maria Horner's True Colors fabric line

I love how this simple patchwork turned out :) 
I love how the pocket pops!

the "foldaway" feature in action.
 The lining is an up cycled cream sheet with a subtle pattern.

I was wanted to make something fun in honor of Valentine's day, without venturing too far into the specific heart theme. I really like how it turned out!

I have it listed for sale here, since I don't really have need for another tote bag right now. : )

Despite my lack of need, I made another tote this week. I wanted to see how simple I could make this pattern. 
Spring will be here soon!

This one has no lining, but still folds into the front pocket. I french seamed the seams, so there would be no raw edges to deal with. I'm happy with how it turned out! I really love this IKEA fabric, it has me geared up for spring. :)

2 comments:

  1. Okay first I love both your totes, but the second one is my fave; second why can't I find nice fabric like that in my IKEA?? The closest for me is the one in Canton MI...should check out the one here in FL while I'm here. Great idea to fold them into the pocket--I have one in my purse all the time. Go green ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I really love the front pocket on the pink tote...it dresses it up so much! Thanks for linking to TGIFF :)

    ReplyDelete