Friday, March 4, 2016

A Friday Finish 3/4/16


So, I've been busy finishing up a variety of projects this week, but the only one worth noting here is this adorable chick/egg soft toy.

I had been eyeing this pattern by Abby Glassenberg for a while, and when she posted on her blog this week, an Easter egg version, I was sold.


A plain ole egg.


An already well loved chick.

The toy turns inside out from the egg (or the chick) to reveal the chick (or the egg). It's such a fun, clever little toy. My boys love it!


Pieces ready for assembly

So, here's a progress shot, and you may notice that there are feet for the little chick, that are not in the end product. I had a snafu. I didn't catch the feet in the final seam, which is a bit tight. I tried again, and had the same mishap. So, I decided that my boys would like it just as well without the feet. I have another in the works, and plan to trouble shoot this issue a bit more.

Overall, this was a fun pattern to put together. Softies are such great skill builders in my opinion. They are small projects, that help you work on a variety of techniques. 

4 comments:

  1. What an adorable project! I love it without the feet too. I hope you are able to easily trouble shoot that for future chicks! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that chick - I think his hair is brilliant! He looks so cheeky and just right for Easter time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great pattern - I love it!

    ReplyDelete