Thursday, March 3, 2016

Simple Satchels


If I had a dollar for every time someone suggested that I open an Etsy shop, man. I wouldn't be a millionaire or anything, but I would have enough money to go to the movies at least. Granted I wouldn't be able to afford popcorn probably, but I would be able to get in the door.

People seem to think having your own successful business is an effortless thing. Sure I like to sew and make things, but that would only be a small part of actually selling what I create. The work that would go into making an actual sale would definitely consume much of my limited time, leaving me less time than I already have to make the things that I enjoy making.

But. But...

I have decided to launch an Etsy shop. Never mind that I'm not even sure that I properly know how to pronounce Etsy. I have a specific goal, of earning money for a new sewing machine. It would take many years of saving out of our family budget to afford a machine that I would be satisfied with in the long run. I've been saving for a while, but I have a ways to go.

Over the years, through reading a variety of craft blogs, I think I am somewhat informed on some strategies to maximize sales. This doesn't mean that I am willing to use all of these strategies. I want to keep this (newly started) space a sincere expression of what's going on in my creative world, not a plug for things I am making and selling. I don't plan on talking much about the shop here. Although, it will be a learning process for me, and I imagine that it may make an appearance in my creative dialogue.

So, I want to introduce you to my shop blog, Simple Satchels. I'll talk about my bag making processes there. Then I will list them on Etsy under the same name Simple Satchels. Maybe you will want to check it out, if not no worries.



No comments:

Post a Comment