Friday, February 5, 2016

A Friday Finish (2/5/16)


I have not had the most productive creative week so far.

But I did manage to finish something!

I've been working on some nesting trinket bins.

Cute, but need some tweaking

I was inspired by this tutorial by the Crafty Gemini, and I thought to myself "How fun would it be to make a nesting set of these!" It turns out it is fun.


Nested inside each other, nice and cozy.

I'm not 100% satisfied with the dimensions I used, but I have some ideas to make them more of what I wanted. I enjoy making these cute little boxes, and plan to make more. I love having something to store little things in, that my boys can't break!


Used vintage-y polka dots, keeping in mind an intended recipient.


I feel like I am running around in circles these days (and sometimes I am). I really want to get a chance to cut another lino, and hopefully will sit down to it soon. I've been enjoying the book The Creative License by Danny Gregory in my in between moments. It's a good fit for where I am right now.


Linked up to Finish it Up Friday At Crazy Mom Quilts



3 comments:

  1. I've watched that Crafty Gemini tutorial too, but haven't given it a try yet. I love your nesting versions...they're really cute! Thanks for linking to TGIFF :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. very cute nesting baskets. Probably a good way to use odd ball pieces of fabrics.

    ReplyDelete