Friday, April 29, 2016

Creative Stitching and Other Finishes

Despite taking my modern sewing machine into the shop this week, I've been stitching plenty. I got out my little featherweight, and I have been reminded of how delightful it is to stitch on her! She is such a lady, I just love her. She was definitely my first baby.

I love her! 

She's a pretty lady, and her stitches are aces.

She only stitches straight though, so I had some limitations this week.

I did manage to make up some Artist Trading Cards out of some of my hand painted, and hand printed fabric. 

Bloom #1 and Bloom #2

I starched two pieces of 2.5x3.5 muslin to stiffen it up, and improved some foundation piecing to the muslin. I then raw edged appliqued (kinda) two of my block printed little flowers. I don't plan on binding them, since they are so teeny tiny, and I don't want to add anything to the current dimensions. I am thinking of waxing them. We will see what I end up doing. I also want to trade!

Soft and Sweet

I also stitched up some baby items for a cousin who is having TWIN boys this summer(!). I made up some cute little bibs and burp cloths, out of some flannel. I plan on making some more before her shower on Sunday.

Sweet Swaddlers

I also stitched up some blankets for her, using double gauze. I figured since her babies will be born in the heat of summer, that it would be nice to have some lightweight blankets around. I've typically used flannel for baby blankets, but I love how the double gauze turned out. So Soft!

Simple Tote

I also finished a simple hand painted tote this week. You can read more about that over here.

I'm linked up over at Crazy Mom Quilts, and Off the Wall Friday.





1 comment:

  1. What a pretty lady she is indeed. Glad you shared your fun with us!

    ReplyDelete