Friday, April 15, 2016

Friday Folk Flowers

We've had a long, draining, week. Stomach Bug hit us hard.

I did manage to eeek in some time to create.


Freshly Finished

One afternoon nap time, even though I was very tempted to sneak in a nap myself, I finished cutting the above lino.

Freshly Printed

That evening I got out the printmaking supplies and tested it out, prepared to tweak the lino if I needed. I didn't need to. I loved it.

Freshly Pressed

I still loved it this morning when I got a moment to take a picture in daylight.

Discovery: it was more refreshing for me to spend time working on this, then taking a nap with my kids. (Based on previous napping experiences) 

Folk Flowers

This panel was also printed that evening, and it really reached to a certain longing in my soul. I could see my growth in the craft, and it was deeply satisfying. I almost cried. Really. I was surprised by my tenderness towards it.


Linked up over here.





2 comments:

  1. Amazing how much energy is derived from being create. Also, when surrounded by kids 24/7 it is good to have a place to rest the eyes and see an accomplishment that brings you joy and allows your mind to drift towards what you can accomplish during the next nap time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your flower prints! I especially like the star flower.

    ReplyDelete