Wednesday, April 20, 2016

When things aren't what you want

I'm struggling to make these triangle pouches what I want them to be.


A Trio of Triangles

I didn't love the elastic top stitched on the purple triangle. I then made the ikat triangle, but it was very difficult for me to not top stitch the elastic.  The top stitching really stinks on the pouch, and I made it entirely out of triangles, so there is an additional seam, and it adds too much bulk. On the floral pouch, I skipped any type of closure, used two different shapes to stitch it up, and did minimal top stitching.  I really want them to have a closure though.

I am sick of thinking about them! But I want to figure it out! Erg. 

Thinking that the strategies used with the floral will win out. Closure options I am considering include sew in snaps, kam snaps, and buttons. Eh. I don't love it, but maybe if I give it a go it will work for me.

Linked up at Let's Bee Social.


2 comments:

  1. These are really neat, I love the shape. That center fabric is perfect with the geometric pattern. I'm sorry there have been issues with the design, I hope you're able to work out something that satisfies you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've all had those frustrations when projects don't turn out how you envision them. I would suggest a snap closure. It would be hidden and would hold well. Sometimes I find that if I set a project aside for a day or two, when I am not thinking about, that's when the solution comes. Pretty fabrics!

    ReplyDelete