Friday, February 19, 2016

Friday Finish (2/19/16)

I seem to be all about making bags this week! Out of my three finishes, 2 of them are bags.

I tried my hand at really thinking about the design of a bag before making it this week. So the design you see is all my own. I have to admit that it was challenging for me, which you can read more about here

Sling Style Bag with Felt Buckle

Back of the bag and strap, also with Felt Buckle

I am proud of this sling purse, but it isn't what I had originally envisioned. At All. I have good plans for giving it to someone I care about, and that gives me better feelings about it as a whole. It was a really great learning process, and it's given me useful information about how to proceed in future bag making.

Another bag I made this week, is a simple tote, that I hand painted the fabric for. Yes, that is right. I plan to talk about this process more in my weekly show and tell post, but here's a sneak peak. I'm pretty happy with the end result. 

Such a fun new process!
I am going to get a better picture soon, since this lighting really has skewed the colors quite a bit. It was an exciting make for me. I am really looking forward to using this bag!

I also put together some note cards with some scraps from previous projects. 

Fabric glued on card stock
I am not really into paper crafts, but these little scrap squares just could not be thrown out! They were left overs from this project. The other fabric was hand painted scraps from my tote bag. They would have looked better on a different color than red, but I wanted to use up the red I had cut.

I need to finish up some of my quilt blocks! I am trying to do the Sugar Block Club and The Splendid Sampler. Oh, and I need to get a house made up quick to send out for the Neighborhood Party. Hopefully I will get the chance soon...

6 comments:

  1. I've never tried designing my own bag...it seems like it would be really complicated. Your sling purse looks great, even if it doesn't look like what you intended :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job designing your own bag. I need to make a few of the plain tote bags for groceries... you've inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, hope you enjoyed making some totes! I love how easy they come together. :)

      Delete
  3. I've never tried to design a bag either and I am very impressed that you did. I quite like your design and I love the painted fabric in your tote.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. :) I loved painting the fabric, and I'm pleased with how it turned out.

      Delete